PP Material Properties and Applications
Polypropylene, or PP is a commonly used plastic known for its good mechanical properties and resistance to heat and chemicals. Due to its wide range of properties and ability to act as a plastic and fiber material, polypropylene is a versatile material that is seen in a wide range of applications, including household and industrial products. This nonhygroscopic, opaque, semicrystalline material is easy to process and can be used in injection molding, blow molding, extrusion and thermoforming.
Polypropylene contains three main classifications:
- Homopolymer PP has high heat resistance and good rigidity, making it suitable for a range of industrial applications.
- Copolymer, made by incorporating different monomers, is extremely resilient and commonly used in automotive and other industrial applications.
- Random copolymer, made by introducing ethylene links into the polymer chain, tends to have improved optical properties that make it ideal for transparent packaging applications, among others.
- Lowest density
- Great chemical resistance
- High electrical insulation
- Tough and flexible
- Fatigue resistance
- Disposable bottles
- Laboratory equipment
- Car dashboards
- Automotive ducts and trim
- Piping systems
- Film applications
- Consumer goods
Your reliable PP resin distributor
As a business partner, no distribution company goes further to help customers find the right products, optimize their supply chain, or solve material and technical challenges. From the products we represent to the resources and support we provide, our team is invested in taking your business to the next level. At Nexeo Plastics, you can expect more.