Santoprene Offers Key Advantages for a Broad Range of Applications
Santoprene™ TPV Improves Quality and Performance
At Nexeo Plastics, our experts want to understand the implications of your design, manufacturing process and the desired performance of your end product. Santoprene thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPVs) are high-performance elastomers and provide premium performance across multiple end markets.
Applications and Industries for Santoprene Thermoplastics Vulcanizates
- Wire and cable
- Building and construction
With over 40 years’ of proven market performance, ExxonMobil’s Santoprene TPV offers ease of processing, design flexibility and potential for reduced weight, system costs and waste reduction in comparison to other materials such as thermoset rubber or ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) rubber.
- Durable performance: Long-term aging durability, outstanding dimensional stability and superior physical properties maintained over the life of the part
- Ease of processing: Potential on standard thermoplastics processing equipment resulting in more cost efficient processing and less waste during part manufacturing
- Design flexibility: Suitable for co-extrusion with other polymers for tailored and simplified multipart system designs
- Weight reduction: Opportunity to lower part weight through lower density, part design optimization and material replacement
- Sustainable manufacturing: Potential contribution to a more environmentally-friendly production process through lower energy consumption during manufacturing, elimination of chemicals and a smaller manufacturing site footprint
- Recycling: Fully recyclable, either as in-process scrap or as end of part life, reducing waste, cost and helping to ensure regulatory compliance
Partner With Us for the Best Results
Our team is at-the-ready to assist in material selection and ensure the best manufacturing outcome for your project. Contact us with any questions.