Achieving sustainability for your business needs
Sustainability can be challenging to define as OEMs and processor goals are constantly evolving to meet the ever-increasing demand for “green” solutions. Our team of experts work to understand your sustainability targets and determine whether it involves reducing part weight, using sustainably sourced thermoplastic resin, or improving your operational efficiencies in your processing.
Understanding the Issues
To find a solution, we first seek to understand your challenges and what your sustainability goals are – and can help you evaluate both the parts and the process. Our team can provide an objective viewpoint and new opportunities to consider, including:
- Design Assistance: Are there ways to make parts thinner, but still meet functional performance requirements, ultimately using less material?
- Production and manufacturing: Can you optimize your production processes to find untapped sustainability benefits that can lower your carbon footprint, such as reducing energy consumption and scrap rate?
- Material Selection: Is there recycled content, biocontent or other thermoplastic resin material solutions that can meet your application requirements?
Our Portfolio of “Green” Thermoplastic Materials
Our line card of sustainable thermoplastic resins is rapidly expanding as our world-class suppliers continue to develop a broad offering of resins that include recycled content, bio engineered, renewably sourced, recyclable, and compostable options. What does this mean?
- 100% renewable-based resins are sourced from compostable and renewable raw materials, such as sugarcane and other plant-based materials. Suppliers include Braskem, BASF, BioLogiQ and more.
- Recycled-content resins like polypropylene and polyethylene divert waste from landfills while using fewer resources during production than traditional or virgin materials. Suppliers include BASF, SABIC, MOCOM, Rhetech and more.
- Resins with renewable content are sourced with renewable wood-based materials. Suppliers include DSM, Eastman, and Rhetech.
In addition to sustainable material and process-based solutions, our broad range of products also offer healthcare grade materials including:
- Nonphthalate polymers
- BPA-free resins
- Halogen-free resins
Your reliable thermoplastic resin distributor
As your trusted distribution partner, we are committed to understanding your products’ end use and helping you find the right materials. From material selection, processing optimization to packaging and supply chain logistics, our team is ready to partner with you to create innovative sustainability solutions that drive efficiency, results and profit for your business. Connect with us today to overcome your material challenges.