Choosing environmentally-conscious materials to improve processing, performance and footprint
Nexeo Plastics is uniquely positioned to support your manufacturing processes with sustainable plastic resins for use across many key industries and end-market segments. With our expansive supplier network, industry leading technical support and end-to-end supply chain, our customers have a knowledgeable partner to deliver the “green” materials to help improve their operational processing, product performance and waste footprint.
Understanding the Issues
To help you arrive at an effective solution using sustainable plastics, we work to understand your challenges and what is driving your business decisions. Our team can provide an objective viewpoint and new opportunities to consider in reaching your desired sustainable product performance and processing goals, including:
Design and sourcing: Can raw materials in your formula be greener or more sustainable? Our large portfolio of recyclable, compostable and bio-engineered plastic resins can help you optimize sustainability at the source in a variety of applications.
Production and manufacturing: Our technical experts can help expose untapped sustainability benefits — whether you are injection molding, blow molding, rotational or extrusion molding. Can inputs and outputs to your process be greener or more sustainable? Is the goal to arrive at the lowest overall carbon footprint for the plastics used in your process? Can energy consumption be minimized? Have you considered thin-walling parts or optimizing design to reduce packaging weight? Our team can work with you to evaluate these considerations and make recommendations to consider as you look to optimize your production from every angle, helping capture and benefit from continual improvements at every stage of the manufacturing process.
Disposal and recycling: Our experienced team can help you consider your processes and applications with the end in mind to realize multiple areas of potential benefits in the disposal and recycling of materials.
Choosing Sustainable or “Green” Plastics That Meet Your Application Requirements
Nexeo Plastics is proud to be a distributor of sustainable plastics from our world-class suppliers that can help you design and manufacture your products to meet your desired sustainability efforts, and drive your business to become more competitive in an environmentally conscious market.
- Unlike traditional plastics sourced from oil, our renewable-based resins are sourced from compostable and renewable raw materials, such as sugarcane and other plant-based materials:
- Nature Works: Ingeo PLA, compostable
- Braskem: Sugarcane-based PE
- BASF Ecovio®, compostable
- Our line of recycled-content resins diverts waste from landfills while using fewer resources during production than traditional or virgin materials:
- BASF Nypel® recycled Nylon 6
- BASF Petra® recycled PET polyester
- SABIC Innovative Plastics PC, PC/ABS, ABS, PBT
- ALBIS ALTECH® Eco Nylon 6 & 66
- RheTech Rhelon® Nylon 6 & 66
- Resins with renewable content are attractive sustainable options because they are sourced with renewable wood-based materials:
- Eastman Tenite® cellulosics
- Health-conscious materials provide effective substitutes when traditional materials prove unsuitable because of safety and health concerns:
- Nonphthalate polymers
- BPA-free resins
- Halogen-free resins
Support That Makes a Difference
As your trusted distributor, we are committed to understanding your products’ end use and helping you find the right materials. From material selection, processing optimization to packaging and supply chain logistics, our team is ready to partner with you to create innovative solutions that drive efficiency, results and profit for your business.